Thursday, June 17, 2010

A is for apple

I was surprised by the video. The very first saying that stuck to me was "if the school fails and isn't meeting standards, close it down!" How in the world could that man say it that easily. Closing schools shouldn't be done so easily. I understand that schools need to meet all their requirements, but to close a school because they didn't meet it is something that shouldn't be done. Maybe changing teachers rather than closing a school. I agree with the fact that students should be involved in learning. The more they have an input in a lesson, the more things will be remembered. I also agree that schools now focus on standardize tests, rather than the curriculum. Tests have become something that takes over the learning environment and too much time is focused on them. I think standardize tests are important, but to a limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment